We're Here for You American Electric Power is committed to the health and safety of our customers, communities and employees as we closely monitor the COVID-19 pandemic. Learn more×
Kentucky Power is investing in the communities we serve in eastern Kentucky in ways that go beyond providing safe and reliable electricity to our customers. We take our role as a good corporate neighbor seriously and realize the importance of supporting the programs and people who are working hard to make a difference.
Part of being a good corporate citizen is investing in the groups that make our region strong. In 2018, Kentucky Power contributed approximately $150,000 to community organizations. Kentucky Power also contributed nearly $800,000 to communities in our service territory for economic development projects. In addition, the American Electric Power Foundation provided a fourth installment payment of $180,177 toward a five-year Credits CountSM grant of $815,000.
Some of the significant charitable contributions, sponsorships and donations Kentucky Power provided to our communities last year funded the arts, education and senior citizens. Other organizations receiving support included schools and hospitals, volunteer fire departments and emergency responders, and various other non-profits groups and civic organizations.
Whether it is investing in economic development projects or supporting our senior residents, community involvement is important to Kentucky Power employees. We live and work here with our families, so we believe it is important to invest our money and our time to work toward a brighter future for all.
Although budget limitations never allow us to make all the monetary contributions we would like, we strive to support as many worthy causes as we can. In addition to shareholder funding, our employees spend countless hours donating their free time and talents to numerous schools, boards, organizations, fairs and other volunteer activities. This employee and corporate giving highlights our commitment to our communities.
There are so many organizations actively bringing about positive change in the lives of so many, and Kentucky Power is happy to play at least a small role in providing financial and volunteer resources to their causes. Thank you for the opportunity to share our commitment to eastern Kentucky.
President & Chief Operating Officer
Organizations supported by Kentucky Power and/or the American Electric Power Foundation in 2018
- Alzheimer's Association
- American Heart Association
- Appalachian Pregnancy Care Center
- Appalachian SPCA
- Appalachian Wireless
- Argillite Elementary School
- Ashland Community & Technical College
- Ashland In Motion
- Ashland Middle School
- Belfry High School
- Hindman Elementary School
- Hope's Place
- Jones Fork Elementary
- Kentucky Chamber Foundation
- Kentucky Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- Kentucky River Area Development District
- Kingscreek Volunteer Fire Department
- L.E.E.S. Safety Patrol
- Letcher County Chamber of Commerce
- Louisa Elementary
- Big Sandy Community & Technical College
- Blaine Elementary School
- Carter County Fiscal Court
- Charles Russell Elementary
- Christian Appalachian Project, Inc.
- Christmas for Charity, Inc.
- Cliff Hagan Boys & Girls Club
- Community Foundation of Hazard & Perry County
- Community Hospice Care Center
- Crabbe Elementary
- CSG/Council of State Governments
- East Kentucky Dream Center, Inc.
- eKentucky Advanced Manufacturing Institute
- Fallsburg Elementary School
- Fight FORE MS
- Floyd County Emergency Rescue Squad
- Hager Elementary
- Harper's Hope Foundation
- Hazard Community & Technical College
- Hazard Perry Co. Housing Development Alliance, Inc.
- Highlands Foundation, Inc.
- Highlands Museum & Discovery Center
- Louisa Rotary Club
- Magoffin County Community Foundation
- March of Dimes Greater Kentucky Chapter
- McHenry Masonic Lodge #800
- Mountain Comprehensive Care Center - Homeless Veteran's Transitional Housing Center
- Mountain Heritage Festival
- Oakview Elementary
- Our Lady of Bellefonte Hospital
- Owensboro Community and Technical College Foundation, Inc.
- Paramount Arts Center, Inc.
- Phelps Elementary School
- Pikeville Area Family YMCA
- Poage Elementary PTA
- Ramey Estep High School
- River Discovery Center
- Russell-McDowell Intermediate School
- Safe Harbor of Northeast Ky, Inc.
- Sheldon Clark High School JAG KY
- Summer Motion, Inc.
- The Jordan Light Foundation
- University of Pikeville
- WestCare Emergency Shelter